Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Arcade Fire

The Arcade Fire's debut album Funeral has been dominating my iPod for over a month now, so when I went to see them play last night at Bottom of the Hill, I had really high expectations for the show. All I have to say is:

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I might later regret saying this, but last night I felt like what I imagined seeing an early Pixies, Radiohead or Nirvana show must have felt like. I've never loved Bottom of the Hill so much - the small, intimate venue was quite perfect for the frantic energy of The Arcade Fire. Some of their onstage antics include a percussion section comprised of two dudes wearing motorcycle helmets and beating them with drum sticks. It sort of reminded me of The Cowbell Sketch from SNL.

As soon as I got home, I raced online to try to buy tickets to one of the two SF shows the Aracade Fire has already scheduled for January. Both are already sold out. Dammit.

Well, I'll get in somehow. Meanwhile, last night is a music experience that will stay with me for a long time.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.